Sunday, October 21, 2012

Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:9-10)

It's 2:00 am as we speak(or as I write:) I realize that I haven't been writing as much as I would like.
But be reassured that everything is okay. Just been bussy with many things. This weekend I had the priveledge of sharing a word with the youth of my church. Now if you didnt already know I am a christian. My father is a reverend. Now if your not christian...You may feel a urge to ignore this.
But I want to challenge you to just hear me out on my little message.
I read to the youth from 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. This story talkes about a man(or young man) that was called Jabez. Now Jabez had a name that meant Pain. His mother's labor was so painful that she felt a need to mark this baby as an rememberance of her pain. I also believe that it also had to do with there present situation(just my imput) So Jabez was marked from birth to be remember as Pain and suffering. But also he was to be declared for the rest of his life to be pain.
I don't know what name society has placed over you. The media names us, Skinny, fat, ugly, And tells us we are nobodies. Sometimes we live with memories, times when we can recall a family member who had called us a degrading name. Or maybe in a past abusive relationship or marriage someone really marked us.... and even may have branded us.
 Sometimes the degrading  names  causes many to go down a destructive path. 
Jabez had a choice either he could let this name determine his future or he could choose to live according to what God wanted for his future. But despite of his name the bible says he was more hanorable than all his brothers. He lived a life worthy enough of being recorded in the most famous book in the World!
Jabez may have had a brother who was better looking than him. Or a brother who was more intelligent. Or one who was just a ladies man. But the bible doesnt stop to record them or give them honor. But Jabez he lived a life worth recording! If a Bible was written from this time. Could the author stop and say you were more honorable than the most? Would it say, Despite of the name they called them in highschool or in there marriage....They were more honorable than there brothers? Or would you just be another name recorded? Jabez stopped the author who was writing the decendants to write Jabez's story! He lived a life believing that God could bless him despite the name they gave him! And God heard and blessed him. So I encourage you to believe more than what people see for you and declare impossible things! Pray to God the Almighty and you will see...He will answer you...Becuz he sees the heart...Not the outward apperance! He doesnt listen to social statuses or the what society calls worth listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment