Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cancer survivors


My Heroes
Today I got a glimpse in the life of a cancer patient. I wouldn't say I understand what its like to go through Kimo. Or what its like to have the threat of death everyday! But I know what its like to be loooked at and mocked for a shaved head! Although my shaved head was a choice. I got comments and snickers from kids. One kid Imperticularly expressed yelling, "You look like a cancer patient!!!"
I felt like that was very inconsiderate, but what can you expect from a 10 year old??
The reason I wrote this article seperate from the Regret Article was because cancer patients deserve a round of applause..... No they deserve a standing oviation!!! Although I was brave to shave my head to show it in public... Cancer patients have to face even greater ridicule!!!
Im a male and shaving your head for a male is no big deal... But imagine a little Girl...
For many little girls their hair is there pride and joy!!! They Love there hair!! It makes them feel beautiful!! Now imagine starting a treatment and your hair is falling.... Its like a Lion loosing his maine!! He lost his hair!!!
Then on top of that they have to go to school. With all those kids that arent mature enough to keep there comments to themselves. Everyone whispering and stairing at you. With there eyes all wide.
Thats really tough... You seeing all the girls with pretty long hair. The guys with a head full of hair and you lost yours.
In every situation I try to relate to different peoples situation...And I couldnt help but think about what a cancer patient goes through...
But there stronger than me!! Becuz they go to school everyday and try to live there lives to the best of there ability!! Many surivive but some loose there battle. But there buried known as a champion!! Much love and respect goes out to the cancer patients out there. Stay strong!!! You guys are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*N8*

No comments:

Post a Comment